Staff & Pilots
Each member of the Traverse City Helicopter Tours group is a crucial teammate. Check out a list of our staff that makes everything we do possible!
Michael Terfehr first flew solo on his 16th birthday, and shortly after received his pilot's license on his 17th birthday. Currently, Michael has over 10,000 flight hours in many types of aircraft, including a Piper Cub, Bell 407, Cessna 185 Float Plane, Gulfstream IV, and a L-39 Fighter Jet. Michael also offers over 26 years of aviation experience, aircraft management, part 135 charter, aircraft procurement and sales, and maintenance management.
Mike spends much of his spare time doing aeronautical activities. His number one goal is to provide a wonderful place to work for his employees while providing stellar customer services to their customers.
- Flew corporate jets worldwide for 15 years+
- Provided specialized flight instruction
- Airline Transport Pilot Airplane and Helicopter
- Certified Flight Instructor Airplane, Float Plane, Helicopter and L-39 Fighter
Accounting and Office Manager
Debbie is the back bone to the 45 North Aviation system. An extremely talented accountant and office manager, she knows the aviation business inside and out. The organization skills and experience Debbie has to offer ensures her work is efficient and high quality. During the aquisition of Cherry Capital, Debbie single handedly started two new LLC's and took over 4 others to complete the licensing, accounting, payroll, vendors, and more, to get those companies running. Currently Debbie manages 6 separate business entities flawlessly.
- 15+ years in accounting
Director of maintenance & chief 133 external load | Helicopters
- Bell UH-1H helicopter pilot for Hurricane Katrina support operations August 2005
- HU500 helicopter pilot, search and rescue for Elizabeth Smart June 2002 - Salt Lake City, UT
- Bell 407 helicopter pilot, search and rescue for Steven Fosset September 2007 - Hawthorne, NV
- UH-1H helicopter pilot in support of Hoover Dam bypass bridge project September 2006 - Boulder City, NV
- Associates Degree in Aviation Technology
- Single-engine land airplane with high performance/complex rating
- US Army Master Aviator Crew Wings
Lead Technician Fix Wing
Helicopter, Fixed Wing, and Float Plane Pilot