Staff & Pilots
Each member of the Traverse City Helicopter Tours group is a crucial teammate. Check out a list of our staff that makes everything we do possible!
Michael Terfehr first flew solo on his 16th birthday, and shortly after received his pilot's license on his 17th birthday. Currently, Michael has over 10,000 flight hours in many types of aircraft, including a Piper Cub, Bell 407, Cessna 185 Float Plane, Gulfstream IV, and a L-39 Fighter Jet. Michael also offers over 26 years of aviation experience, aircraft management, part 135 charter, aircraft procurement and sales, and maintenance management.
Mike spends much of his spare time doing aeronautical activities. His number one goal is to provide a wonderful place to work for his employees while providing stellar customer services to their customers.
- Flew corporate jets worldwide for 15 years+
- Provided specialized flight instruction
- Airline Transport Pilot Airplane and Helicopter
- Certified Flight Instructor Airplane, Float Plane, Helicopter and L-39 Fighter
Accounting and Office Manager
Debbie is the back bone to the 45 North Aviation system. An extremely talented accountant and office manager, she knows the aviation business inside and out. The organization skills and experience Debbie has to offer ensures her work is efficient and high quality. During the aquisition of Cherry Capital, Debbie single handedly started two new LLC's and took over 4 others to complete the licensing, accounting, payroll, vendors, and more, to get those companies running. Currently Debbie manages 6 separate business entities flawlessly.
- 15+ years in accounting
Operations Manager & Pilot
Kurtis Dellicker has over 1,800 flight hours in many types of aircraft, including a Robinson R44, Eurocopter AS350B2, Cessna 172, Piper Arrow, Piper Aztec, and a Beechcraft Bonanza’s. Kurt joined the 45 North Aviation team as a general help while going to flight school. Kurt received all his helicopter ratings through TC Helicopters and Airplane Ratings through Northwestern Michigan College while working as a paramedic for North Flight EMS. Since obtaining all his ratings he has been flying full time performing aerial tours, executing utility contracts, flying on-demand charter, and working with customers seeking maintenance.
When not at work, Kurt spends most of his time with his family, flying RC models or reading aviation related articles.
- US Army (Retired)
- Monongalia Emergency Medical Services (Paramedic)
- North Flight EMS (Paramedic)
- TC Helicopters (Pilot)
- 45 North Aviation (Operations Manager & Pilot)
- Commercial Helicopter w/ Instrument
- Commercial Airplane Single Engine & Multi-Engine Land w/ Instrument.
- sUAS Part 107 Commercial Pilot
- Currently Pursuing Airline Transport Pilot certificates for both Helicopter and Airplanes.
Director of maintenance & chief 133 external load | Helicopters
Brian graduated high school in 1984 from Jackson High School in Jackson, Michigan. In the fall of 1984 Brian joined the US Army Aviation Branch, where he spent 17 years serving as an Aeroscout and Aircrat Technical Inspector on OH-58 Kiowa's, UH-1H Hueys and AH-1 Cobras. Brian was honorably discharged in 2002 and began flying commercially for Silver State Helicopters in Las Vegas, NV that same year. After 6 years with Silver State, Brian moved to Addison, TX where he accepted the position of Director of Maintenance and Commercial Pilot for Summit Helicopters. In the fall of 2008, Brian left Summit Helicopters to join Haverfield Aviation as a Field Maintenance Technician working on MD500's. After working 7 years with Haverfield, Brian relocated to Northern Michigan as the Director of Maintenance and Commercial Pilot for TC Helicopters.
- Bell UH-1H helicopter pilot for Hurricane Katrina support operations August 2005
- HU500 helicopter pilot, search and rescue for Elizabeth Smart June 2002 - Salt Lake City, UT
- Bell 407 helicopter pilot, search and rescue for Steven Fosset September 2007 - Hawthorne, NV
- UH-1H helicopter pilot in support of Hoover Dam bypass bridge project September 2006 - Boulder City, NV
- Associates Degree in Aviation Technology
- Single engine land airplane with high performance/complex rating
- US Army Master Aviator Crew Wings
Lead Technician Fix Wing
Helicopter, Fixed Wing, and Float Plane Pilot
Customer support specialist, Tour & Charter Booking